Protecting your Hands
With the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, there was one important thing that all medical experts seemed to agree upon. This was that one of the best ways to protect ourselves from contracting the Coronavirus, is to wash our hands frequently with soap and water. If soap and water is not available, then alcohol-based hand sanitiser is the next best option to rid our hands of unwanted germs. It was also suggested that we could wear disposable gloves to further protect ourselves.
Like the wearing of face masks, frequent hand washing, using hand sanitisers and the wearing of gloves, will also result in a few reactions that we would possibly expect to see on our hands.
These include the following:-
▪ Excessive dryness
▪ Inflamed skin
▪ Cracking and peeling of skin
▪ Allergic contact Dermatitis (in extreme cases)
As we will continue to wash our hands frequently and use hand sanitisers, it is important that we protect the skin and treat the hands even more specifically with hydration and nourishment. If you choose to wear gloves but are allergic to latex, there are alternative gloves which are hyper allergenic such as vinyl gloves.
- Exfoliate the hands 2-3 times a week using Exfoliating Enzyme
- Treat the hands with a mask by either choosing Super Hydrating Mask or Anti-Ageing Leave On Mask
- Remember to use Anti-Ageing Hand Cream continuously, particularly each time after washing your hands